Work Completed By Genesis
- 25 new trenches completed on IP targets
- 58 total new drill holes completed for 10,150 m
- Includes 32 new holes within the Main Zone – twinned, in-fill and step-out holes
- Includes 26 new holes on IP and geological targets
- Trenching on IP targets
- Re-sampled entire core from 3 historic holes within Main Zone
- Re-sampled entire core from 8 historic holes within East Zone
- Inventory of historic drill holes
- Updated and validated digital drill hole database
- Prospecting and mapping of 5 new target areas
Advancing Multiple New Target Areas
A History of Strong Results
Exploration in the area dates back to 1950 when known gold-bearing quartz veins were first drilled by Teck Corp. In 1989 Inmet Mining Inc. (“Minnova” at the time) intersected significant gold in drilling (5.40 g/t gold over 6.40 metres from 62.00 to 68.40 metres downhole in hole DO-05), representing the first drill hole into the Main Zone. In 1993 drill hole DB-70 intersected 24.97 g/t gold over 1.50 metres from 344.85 to 346.35 metres and represented the first intersection into the South Zone.
Drilling continued by Geonova Explorations Inc., (“Geonova”) (which acquired the property from Minnova) ultimately outlining a deposit at the Main Zone from surface to an approximate depth of 400 metres and a strike length of 1200 metres.
Starting in 2007, owners Tawsho completed extensive work programs including a 2,792 kilometre aeromagnetic survey, a ground EM Time Domain survey, 24 diamond drill holes, an independent NI 43-101 resource estimate (by Met-Chem Canada Inc.),
There is an estimated 87,000 metres of drilling completed on the property. To date approximately 100 drill holes have intersected the Chevrier Main Zone of gold mineralization over a continuous strike length of 1.2 kilometres. Seventy percent of these holes were less than 400 metres deep, and yet 12 of 16 deep holes intersected significant gold.
Significant gold intersections have also been drilled off the main trend and remain open for future evaluation
Highlights of Genesis Drilling in Main Zone
Genesis completed approximately 10,000 m of drilling on Chevrier in 2017 including 6,430 m within the Main Zone. Highlights of the Main Zone drilling are:
2.94 g/t Au over 58.70 m in hole GM-17-09 (from 74.6 meters downhole)
1.93 g/t Au over 43.00 m in hole GM-17-15 (from 49.6 meters downhole)
1.89 g/t Au over 38.4 m in hole GM-17-20 (from 95 meters downhole)
1.06 g/t Au over 27.55 m in hole GM-17-16 (from 112 meters downhole)
1.23 g/t Au over 24.45 m in hole GM-17-22 (from 19.5 meters downhole)
8.73 g/t Au over 21.35 m in hole GM-17-42 (from 107 meters downhole)
3.59 g/t Au over 22.60 m in hole GM-17-42 (from 13.4 meters downhole)
4.26 g/t Au over 19.40 m in hole GM-17-48 (from 67.3 meters downhole)
4.47 g/t Au over 12.45 m in hole GM-17-46 (from 12.45 meters downhole)
5.06 g/t Au over 8.45 m in hole GM-17-41 (from 108.2 meters downhole)
1.04 g/t Au over 50.05 m in hole GM-17-44 (from 109 meters downhole)
(Core lengths are shown. True length is calculated to be 65% of core lengths.)
These results demonstrated:
- Data from these new holes validated previous drilling and returned grades and widths largely comparable to the older drilling.
- The majority of intersections are shallow and enhance the potential to define resources that could be mined with an open pit.
- The results from hole GM-17-42 suggests that a more predictable, higher grade area of mineralization is located at the southern end of the Main Zone
- The total cost of the drill program including drilling, assaying, technical support and all field costs was approximately $220 per meter which the Company believes is arguably the most cost-effective exploration in any jurisdiction.